Monday, October 8, 2012

Refreshed by a Dream Chorus

     I dreamed that I was kneeling by the side of my bed.  I pointed at the ceiling and I said, "I don't understand God, but I believe."  All of a sudden, the room was filled with the most exquisite music I've ever heard.  Hundreds of voices surrounded me and I knew that no matter what my circumstance I was not alone.   I opened my mouth and said "I am grateful", but the voice that came out was a bigger and stronger one than my own.
     This was not just a dream for me.   It was a dream for anyone who feels isolated or alone.  St Francis de Sales was speaking of angels when he wrote, "For without being seen, they are present with you." Just because we don't see everything with our physical eyes doesn't mean that the unseen is not real.  You can't see love, but you know it exists.  Please know that you are supported and loved far beyond our earthly understanding.  Our connections go beyond space, time and geography.  Have courage and walk on faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment