Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Snow Plows

   


When the road's clear, you can drive safely.



     Winter driving in Utah can be treacherous, but our roads are well taken care of.  Well before dawn, crews are out on the highways salting and plowing. Sometimes three or more plows work together to manicure the interstate. My husband says they are coordinated like dancers. I am very grateful that the plows clear away the snow and ice. Because of their work, we simply go on with our activities regardless of the weather. Snow plows are huge and you should never try to out run one. We actually have highway signs that say "Respect Snow Plow Operations." This got me thinking about how God uses events and people in our lives to help us move forward.

     When I look back on the last three years, I see that unwelcome surprises and disasters have helped me clean out debris and move ahead. Of course, I did NOT see this at the time. When the septic tank broke, when my husband was laid off, when my son got in a fight....I acted appropriately: I freaked out. In hindsight, I can see areas of personal growth for all of us. As far as my own growth, suffice it to say I would not have changed some of my ways if I wasn't forced to do so.
Ninja Mom needs a shovel. Shovels and plows are both good.
      God wants us to function at our highest level. He presents us with custom tailored situations that often bring us to our knees. In the quiet, cold reality of our chaos, we finally turn to Him. He wants us to be in relationship with Him. I want to be better about coming to Him with gratitude and not just grumbling. I know He saw me standing in the snow and crying about my broken pipes. I know for certain He heard my prayers for my son and I know He heard my pleas for my husband's employment.  He is gracious and He is faithful. My gratitude is not misplaced. It's simply tardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment