Saturday, June 3, 2017

Blue Bucket


My voice is wide open and spacious.Scattered notes dot the ceiling. Some perfect,others shards and dull spots. They careen and soar unbound.

I hear, "You can't sing your way out of a bucket." I believe this. It's safe, blue and silent on the bottom. Music washes over me like waves. I enjoy the water, but long to surf, riding high, crashing low, charting my own course.

I look up. The sky is a different blue, the color of a robin's egg. Clouds like waves crest the heavens. My heart persuades my mouth and I rise, claiming my joy. Notes are my surfboard. I  ride high notes and  lose my balance with sharps and flats. Occasional perfects center me. Scrambling and falling sweeten success. I float up and blend with the blue Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment