Friday, August 24, 2012

In Search of Hallelujah

   Things in my neck of the woods are asunder.  My husband has been out of work for five months.  He's an educated and talented person; Honestly I thought he would have been hired already.  However, that is not the case, and today he got two rejections in a row.  It makes want to scream, " Really?  Can I get a break here?" 
     What can you do when your loved one is disappointed and hurting?  If you are me, you leave him the hell alone.    I haven't been married to him for 21 years for nothing.  After a couple of hours, we chatted.  I filled out a job application and found a temp job for next week. I keep thinking what else can I do?  Surely there's something?  Guess what?  There's one more thing!  I can wait. I can be patient.  Not my strong suits for sure. Psalm 40: 1 states, "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;  He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.   He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."  This resonates with me; I feel the truth of it in my heart.  However my mind screams, "Have you forgotten me?"  I am sure this is a time of learning for us.  I am currently missing the message.  Like Samuel I cry out, "Speak , for your servant is listening."
      But God's time is unlike our time and his greater purpose often eludes are earthly craniums.  In Ecclesiastes we hear, "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven."  Maybe this is our time " to tear down and then  to build? " 
      It is easy to be a believer when all is well.  So in the interim, I will take comfort in Romans 8:28 " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  I am grateful for all I have been given.  I am richly blessed.  In the midst of chaos the believer can still say "Hallelujah."  I want to say Hallelujah.  My heart's in the right place.  My rebellious mind and my desire for control make it difficult.  Today, I'll whisper it.  Maybe, just maybe, my robust "Hallelujah" is just around the corner?

No comments:

Post a Comment