Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Wrong Number


    It was a simple business transaction. We use telephone numbers to look up our regular customers. I had to ask one particular customer twice. The second time she told me the number, she did so while turned the other way. For goodness sake, not only can I not remember, now I can't hear! So I asked a third time. This really irritated her; she proceeded to say the number very slowly and with a certain amount of exasperation. I relate this scenario as a vehicle for exploring our connection with others. Inner work and meditation can help us connect and move through our world with increased ease.



     I was taken aback by the customers response to me. However, when I was younger, I would have made it all about her. I have realized that every conversation involves the energy of both parties. She may have been irritated by me, or something else, or me AND something else. As for myself, my ego was offended and I know that my feet really hurt.
     Meditation gives you a clearer mind that allows you to see the many possibilities that are present in each moment. These possibilities prompt clearer communication in relationships and even in life choices. The clarity that I have gained through meditation has been an organic, incremental process, not an instant one. It is a worthy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment