Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Traveler and The Plum

     It began with a photo of a handbag.  It is a Coach handbag, all leather, beautifully designed and in a vivid plum. The fashionista in me had to see it in person. I went to the mall and found it chained to  a gold stand like an expensive fruit. The color was enticing, stunning even, but was this really my purse?
     I paused and noticed a display of purses for 40% off. I wanted a new purse, but my purpose was to have a reliable, clever one for travel. My desire was to travel and visit friends this spring. The purple purse would be a good option if I was simply looking for a gorgeous bag, an object d'art. No, my wants and needs were different today. I looked through the sale handbags and found two travel purses for less than the price of the exotic plum. I put the black, crossover bag over my shoulder. I could see myself running through airports, shopping at local markets and visiting friends. This was my handbag!
     What would happen if we considered what we want, need and desire in all our choices, big and small? I believe starting with small authentic choices prepares us for bigger ones. Before we realize what's happening, we are living the fullest expression of ourselves.
     How do you start making authentic choices for yourself? Take time for quiet. Walk in nature, enjoy music and art and meditate.  If praying is talking to God, than meditating is listening. Sheng Zhen meditation is one way of opening the communication channel. When you ground yourself in meditation, you prepare your heart to receive inspiration. A purse is a small, but symbolic choice. There are bigger decisions to be made: careers, relationships, family. Go within and begin to align your inner voice with your outer actions.
Ready to travel. This is perfect for my needs.
It's purple; It's chic.


No comments:

Post a Comment