Saturday, May 26, 2012

His Grace is Sufficient for Me

     As if bronchitis and a sinus infection were not enough, my thyroid  (probably feeling left out of the general merriment) is also out of sync.  Surely I am one of the only people who could be sick for nearly a month and not lose any weight at all.  I was getting winded walking up the stairs and attributed that to the chronic wheezing in my chest.  Happily the wheezing is gone, yet the fatigue goes on.  An astute doctor checked my thyroid levels and lo, they are half what they should be to function normally.  So, now I will gradually increase the dose and check the serum blood levels of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) until I reach the therapeutic level.  Excellent.   
      At least there's an answer.  I was beginning to think I was losing my mind.  I certainly have NOT been losing any weight despite  strict diet and exercise.  I feel like I am trapped in someone else's body.  I've decided to take a new, radical approach, the hardest one of all:   Patience.  I will garden, walk, weight train, eat healthy, rest and get my medicine levels right.  I will not run until my heart feels like exploding.  I will not kick box until my lungs burn.  I will wait patiently. Supposedly, strength arises for those who wait upon the Lord.  I am now broken and I am ready to wait.  In 2 Corinthians Paul illustrates the Lord's view of weakness:  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  I have tried everything else; it doesn't work.  I am ready Lord;  I will wait upon your perfect timing. So I wait, and hope the "weight" will cooperate.  May you walk in His light.

No comments:

Post a Comment