Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Music in My Soul

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
Lao Tzu
    I went to hear a Third Day concert last week.  They are a Christian rock group from my hometown, Atlanta.  There is a spectrum of opinion on what sacred music is or should be.  I endured the droning monologue  of a young, and very self important, priest a few years ago.  "Only traditional music can be sacred," he opined.  Blah, blah blah blah blah.  He droned on until I thought my head might explode.  I was attending a wake and not in the mood to argue so I simply left the room.  Music, like other arts is subjective.  I say that whatever brings your heart closer to the One, whatever gives you pause to consider the holy,  that is sacred my friends.   
   There were times during the concert that the entire audience sang the songs a capella.  It was a beautiful, sacred sound and surely heard by the universe.  Each of us brings unique qualities and gifts.  Each brings a distinct frequency to the world.  Find the music that resonates with you and let your soul rise up.  Be joyous.

No comments:

Post a Comment